Internal BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) explained

This topic is to discuss the following lesson:

1 Like

Could not understand this…

“loop prevention van BGP is “als AS hetzelfde is dan hebben we een loop maar dit kan niet met ibgp want AS is altijd hetzelfde.”. dus wat doen we dan….IBGP -> IBGP -> IBGP niet doorsturen.”

You caught one of my notes in Dutch… Just removed it :slight_smile:

Hi Rene,
Ur explanation was good…plz also describes about BGP Route Reflectors and Confederations.

1 Like

Thanx . you explained it step by step and it was very informative…

1 Like

your explanation is great and every clear… thanks a lot…

Hi Neeraj,

You are welcome, the tutorials for route reflectors and confederations are also online now.

Rene

Thank you :). It was easy to understand the way you explained. Can you please put some Redistribution stuff :). thanks in advance

Thanks a lot ! Your explanation is Awesome ,! It helped me so much … Cheers!

You are welcome, I have a couple of tutorials on redistribution but I’ll add some more in the future.

Hi Rene,

I am impressed by your tutorials. I would like to request you the tutorials for Virtual Routing and Forwarding VRF-lite, VNet Trunk, NAT64 and so on. Those are added to current CCNP Route (300-101) curriculum by Cisco.

I am looking forward to see those on your web.

Best Regards,
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

Glad to hear you like my work! I’ll add these tutorials next week.

Rene

Hi Rene,

Have you uploaded new tutorials ? Please upload more.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

This week I’m creating a lot of new content. Anything in particular you like to see?

Rene

Hi Rene,

Really nice to see your work. Can u please add and explain BGP Route Dampening?

Best Regards,
Usman

Hi Usman,

Glad to hear you like it! I’ve added BGP route dampening to my list, it’s a nice topic to write about.

Rene

Dearest Rene,

Kindly share the URL where you have added BGP route Dampening as i am finding it difficult to search it.

With Thanks
Usman

Dear Usman,

It’s not finished yet :slight_smile: In a few days I’ll upload it and send you a message ok?

Rene

Dear Rene,

Acknowledged with Thanks :slight_smile:

With Best Regards,
Usman

Rene,
Great lesson however, I do have a question about IGP/IBGP. Why do we need to configure IGP (OSPF) in AS2 to establish IBGP connectivity between R2/R3/R4? Why can’t we just use loopback addresses on each router in AS2 and establish BGP peering and advertize loopbacks under the network command?

Thanks
Hamood

1 Like